If the Lord leads you to it He will lead you through it.



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father Son Camp-out


Chris took Toph on his first Father Son Camp-out Friday. Chris's first over night outing with Toph. :) My first night without the Toph. :( I was a little sad to see them go but really looking forward to hanging out at home. Watching, eating, and doing whatever I wanted; peace and quite. AHHHHH.

From what I heard they had alot of fun. Chris called me on the way to Cascade Park so I could hear Topher laughing and talking. Chris was getting him to raise his hand and yell -- Woohoo we are going camping. Toph mostly just yelled.

I called Chris later that night to check in. They had already set-up camp and were eating dinner. Toph was sitting in his camp chair eating a hot dog and Chris was dropping his on the ground. Camp food .... YUM. We only talked for a few minutes. Chris told me that it was a father son outing, no girls allowed, so he had to let me go.

I told Chris I would know how much fun they had by how early they came home on Saturday. HAHAHA!!! They stayed until afternoon so I think they had a great time. Toph got to play in the river, play with dirt, eat rocks, eat hot dogs and graham crackers, wear the same clothes for 2 days, sleep in his own sleeping bag (in the same clothes he wore that day), and come home with dirt all over his face smelling like camp fire and bacon. Sounds like he got the full experience. :)

5 comments:

Keilah Palmer said...

Love this post!!

Fern said...

I too had a glorious Fathers and Sons campout! From what I hear Toph and my boys had a good time together.
Speaking of a good time... :) I sent you an evite for something this friday, but I don't think you've seen it, I'm worried I don't have the right email. I sent it to nelsonallison (at) hotmail dot) com. Is there a better one to use

Momma Nelson said...

Fern - that's the best email. nelsonallison@hotmail.com. Can you resend it? Thanks.

Leslie said...

He is one cute kid!!! I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Hope you enjoyed your night off!